Followers

January 11, 2010

No new photos...why??

A'salaamu alaikum ya'll. I normally try to post relevant photos. However I left my USB cable for my camera at home. I have a Sony digital camera and they don't use a standard USB; this one has a special end so I can't use just any normal cable. Insha'Allah I'll be going back to Knoxville at the end of the month to finish packing and then I'll get it and be able to post pics.

You know this area is so beautiful masha'Allah. I am of course partial to East Tennessee.. it is really gorgeous there, with rivers, lakes, mountains, etc. But the summer heat is really hard on me and even more so now that I am a muhajabat alhamdulillah. I am really looking forward to the 80 degree summers. That's spring for us back home. lol

Oh I now have 2 recipes I need to post (besides the crock-pot version of chicken shawarma). I wanted to make pumpkin bread the other day but accidentally used too much pumpkin. The result was much more moist and dense so I decided I "invented" pumpkin brownies! They are super yummy; so much so that I think I'll make them wrong on purpose next time. ;-)

Insha'allah I'll post photos and recipe together soon. You know I love to go to other sisters' blogs and find their own photos they have taken of foods made and enjoyed by their family. It encourages me to do the same. :-) As a matter of fact, I am itching to make some bechamel and I found a recipe at the "Mama... I married a Masri" blog. This sister's looks soooo yummy and I know I gotta make it!

Insha'Allah I'll post some photos soon of my beautiful family, masha'Allah.

Ma salaama...

4 comments:

Neelam said...

mmm pumpkin brownies sound interesting :P

Umm Aaminah said...

Salaam. I also made blondies (yellow brownies) which were sooo yum. I don't like the traditional chocolate brownies as much so these really hit the spot. My husband doesn't care for them either so it was a win/win. Kids... well they eat anything don't they? lol Ma salaama...

Neelam said...

you don't like chocolate browniessssssssssss :O :O :O :O :O :O what is wrong with you womannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! hehee x

Umm Aaminah said...

Yep too chocolate-y. But... I have a good recipe for them too! ;-)