February 2, 2011
Little things that make me happy
1. You know when the shell just peels right off the boiled egg? Yeah you know what I'm talking about. That makes me happy! I hate the chewed-up looking eggs you get when they DON'T come off easily.
2. I love it when a pencil sharpens to a nice little point; not that so brittle it's about to break point, but a nice long slightly rounded point. :-)
3. I get ecstatic over a load of laundry with all matching socks and NO leftover ones!!! Don't you hate that??? Poor little sock, all lonely. I always wonder where it's friend went.
4. At the end of a long day and I sit down for my quiet time. The house is clean and dim and quiet. Ahhhhh...
5. I also love asr time and the way the warm light floods the room through the blinds, casting everything in a goldish glow.
6. The sound of the washer machine/dishwasher. Yeah I like it. Maybe because I it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something even when I'm not. lol
7. I like it when the person I am walking with is in step with me, totally without meaning to. I get a giggle like we are some Lavergne and Shirley duo. haha
8. When I use the icemaker and some super-fine ice crystals accumulate on the spout. Ahhhh like fresh snow with that slightly chemical taste. lol Anyone here used to scrape the top of the freezer with a cup to eat the frost? I did and I sure hope after posting this, someone else will admit it too!!!
9. Love harmonizing my voice with a sound so they hit the exact same note; I can't explain it but when you are exactly on cue together you can see the science in the beauty, subhanallah.
10. Running a hot bath to find that the water is the exact right degree of hot. Just slip in and enjoy!!!
11. I love that day in late spring when it seems all the trees bloomed overnight.
12. The day in early summer when the leaves have matured to the "so green it almost hurts your eyes" color. I wish I could freeze time!
13. A cool breeze on a hot day. It's just a little gift from Allah.
14. I love to read and book and find a phrase that is magical to me. I remember one "an economy of movement". James Michener is my main source for these everyday words that, when properly strung together, can elevate your soul.
15. Those moments when I am not so bound by the limits of my body and mind and can grasp, imperfectly, the mercies and bounties of Allah swt.
OK I am sure there are some more quirky little things but hey, gotta save something for later. :-) Ma salaama ya'll!!!!