A'salaamu alaikum ya'll!!!! Sorry been outta the circuit for so long but soooo much has happened. Subhanallah. Where to start??? Seems like a good place for a list! Random info, no particular order.
1. Married (as ya'll know) deliriously happy, 'nuff said.
2. I have been reading all comments but due to my tenuous health I just wasn't able to log on and respond to all of them. However, a few I did want to address:
a.) To my new follower, so glad you stopped by! I'm normally very on-top of things but if you've read more recent entries, I'm sure you understand why this belated greeting. :-)
b.) My pics: I have no idea what happened! I did remove a few pics of me (didn't have many on here) but for some reason, my phone and google decided to download ALL of my blog pics onto my phone. They cannot be deleted, I read here and there and apparently I had to delete them off my blog! I tried many things, got annoyed, and then found out all my pics had the dreaded "!" symbol. So annoying and I have not figured out how to fix it.
c.) My husband did not request I remove all pics HOWEVER, if he did I would be more than happy to accomodate him. Cap'n is an awesome husband masha'Allah and would do anything for me. Just to clear up a point a reader made.
3. My health. Alhamdulillah! I've had I guess 7 surgeries since March and wasn't doing well. Found out I could switch to peritoneal dialysis and had that tube inserted (in my abdomen). Nice. So I had 2 tubes, one in my thigh and one in my lower belly. Belly wouldn't heal from all my immunosuppression and the one in my thigh (for hemodialysis) stopped. It's bad when you need dialysis and you can't do it. Like, end of life bad.
BUT....alhamdulillah, He took care of me as always! I spoke up, said I didn't want ANOTHER surgery and to continue hemo while my abdominal incision healed. I knew my kidney had enough function left to slog on through. I expected to feel crappy but survive until my belly healed.
Alhamdulillah! My kidney function is 19% (roughly). That means, insha'Allah, I don't need to dialyze right now. Ya'll, I've been through sooooo much since March. Really. Days where walking was a chore, couldn't cook or clean, even taking care of Aaminah was too much. Alhamdulilllah I had help and I just you know, did what I could and prayed to Allah and look where I am now.
Subhanallah just so grateful. :) I'm still sick, yeah, definitely, but I'm living. I might even get to have this tube in my abdomen removed. A normal-ish life. I won't feel great but I feel sooo much strong than I did, I'm just happy for it all. :)
I have an appointment with my nephro tomorrow and I'll know more insha'Allah. :-)
4. Aaminah. What to say? She is sweet, smart, beautiful and growing like a weed! She started pre-K and loves it, has the best teacher and I really like the curriculum. She's doing awesome and yet another thing I'm thankful for!
5. It feels good to be here again. When I didn't feel like writing, I didn't let it bother me. I said alhamdulillah and went on. For now, I'm feeling better, stronger, and feel like sharing. When Cap'n gets here, maybe it will change again. Allahu a'lam. We'll just see, won't we?
Anyway, I'm pretty sure everyone's lives somehow managed to move forward even without me here. :-) I pray everyone is in the best of health and iman and please, keep me and my little family in your du'a. I know it's only by the grace and mercy of Allah that I'm feeling better now and possibly getting a reprieve from treatments. Treat each day as a gift and try to make the most of it. If the most you can make is to sit in your chair and not cry, alhamdulillah. If you can go at it full-steam ahead, better. :) I have somewhere in between right now and I'm good with that.
Ma salaama ya'll!