Followers

September 6, 2012

Where to start?

A'salaamu alaikum ya'll!!!! Sorry been outta the circuit for so long but soooo much has happened. Subhanallah. Where to start??? Seems like a good place for a list! Random info, no particular order.

1. Married (as ya'll know) deliriously happy, 'nuff said.

2. I have been reading all comments but due to my tenuous health I just wasn't able to log on and respond to all of them. However, a few I did want to address:

  a.) To my new follower, so glad you stopped by! I'm normally very on-top of things but if you've read more recent entries, I'm sure you understand why this belated greeting. :-)
  b.) My pics: I have no idea what happened! I did remove a few pics of me (didn't have many on here) but for some reason, my phone and google decided to download ALL of my blog pics onto my phone. They cannot be deleted, I read here and there and apparently I had to delete them off my blog! I tried many things, got annoyed, and then found out all my pics had the dreaded "!" symbol. So annoying and I have not figured out how to fix it.
  c.) My husband did not request I remove all pics HOWEVER, if he did I would be more than happy to accomodate him. Cap'n is an awesome husband masha'Allah and would do anything for me. Just to clear up a point a reader made.

3. My health. Alhamdulillah! I've had I guess 7 surgeries since March and wasn't doing well. Found out I could switch to peritoneal dialysis and had that tube inserted (in my abdomen). Nice. So I had 2 tubes, one in my thigh and one in my lower belly. Belly wouldn't heal from all my immunosuppression and the one in my thigh (for hemodialysis) stopped. It's bad when you need dialysis and you can't do it. Like, end of life bad.

BUT....alhamdulillah, He took care of me as always! I spoke up, said I didn't want ANOTHER surgery and to continue hemo while my abdominal incision healed. I knew my kidney had enough function left to slog on through. I expected to feel crappy but survive until my belly healed.

Alhamdulillah! My kidney function is 19% (roughly). That means, insha'Allah, I don't need to dialyze right now. Ya'll, I've been through sooooo much since March. Really. Days where walking was a chore, couldn't cook or clean, even taking care of Aaminah was too much. Alhamdulilllah I had help and I just you know, did what I could and prayed to Allah and look where I am now.

Subhanallah just so grateful. :) I'm still sick, yeah, definitely, but I'm living. I might even get to have this tube in my abdomen removed. A normal-ish life. I won't feel great but I feel sooo much strong than I did, I'm just happy for it all. :)

I have an appointment with my nephro tomorrow and I'll know more insha'Allah. :-)

4. Aaminah. What to say? She is sweet, smart, beautiful and growing like a weed! She started pre-K and loves it, has the best teacher and I really like the curriculum. She's doing awesome and yet another thing I'm thankful for!

5. It feels good to be here again. When I didn't feel like writing, I didn't let it bother me. I said alhamdulillah and went on. For now, I'm feeling better, stronger, and feel like sharing. When Cap'n gets here, maybe it will change again. Allahu a'lam. We'll just see, won't we?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure everyone's lives somehow managed to move forward even without me here. :-) I pray everyone is in the best of health and iman and please, keep me and my little family in your du'a. I know it's only by the grace and mercy of Allah that I'm feeling better now and possibly getting a reprieve from treatments. Treat each day as a gift and try to make the most of it. If the most you can make is to sit in your chair and not cry, alhamdulillah. If you can go at it full-steam ahead, better. :) I have somewhere in between right now and I'm good with that.

Ma salaama ya'll!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamu alaeiykum sister.
My du'a for Aamna,you,your family and your hubby.
jazakallah khair.
wassalam.

Naomi said...

I will pray for your kidney function to improve and your stomach to heal. You seem like such a wonderful lady, and it seems unfair for you to have to suffer so much. But kudos to you for keeping such a wonderful attitude about everything! That is simply amazing. Makes me look at my own pathetic life and think about all the mundane details that I complain about, which are so insignificant they usually don't deserve a place in conversation. So thank you for the inspiration to be positive! :) God bless.
~Naomi

Rene´s Bare Essentials said...

Salaam Alaikum sister,

MashaAllah, you are truly an inspiration. You have gone through so much but alhamdullilah through it you keep a positive attitude. Alhamdulillah for your new marriage may Allah bless it and keep you and your husband always content with one another. Thats great that your little Aaminah has started pre-K and loves it.
Wishing you all the best
XO
Rene´

HijabiMommy said...

So GOOD to finally hear from you! Been thinking/worrying about you for some time now.

Glad to know your health is improving and I pray that it continues to improve, Insha'Allah.

Thanks for updating and letting us know what's been going on!

Rest up and get well soon!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Salaam akaikum sister,

Alhamdulilah!! I was worried about you as we didn't see you on your blog for so long. Wallahi you are a very special sister and have made an impact on my life, I love you for the sake of Allah.
Umm Tareq

Melissa said...

It's good to see a post from you, and I'm glad to hear you're feeling better now. Inshallah you'll continue to improve.

shafaq said...

Assalmu 'alaykum! Love and light to you. may Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala always bless you and ease all your affairs for you. Ameen. Love reading your posts, Mash'Allah. May Allah reward you for your patience and increase you in iman and tawakkul. Ameen. I really missed you all this while and am really truly delighted to know that you are happy. :)

Anonymous said...

I always think about you and pray for your health. MashAllah, you're a strong (understated) woman! Your daughter has a wonderful role model to look up to and admire. Your story touches me a bit personally because my husband suffered from multiple kidney failures before the cancer took over his life. Every little news IS a good one, no matter how small it might seem.
I pray your husband is able to be with you soon and I'm SO HAPPY that you guys are married. Alhamdulillah and Mabrooook!

Happy Muslim Mama said...

Assalam-alaikam dear sis,
stopped by your blog after ages, sorry to hear you have been so unwell, sounds pretty scary. May Allah (SWT) bless you with good health and make you comfortable insh'Allah. Glad that your husband is taking good care of you mash'Allah.

Umm Salihah