Followers

November 17, 2013

Still no Mr. Ummi of Aami :)

Salaam and howdy, ya'll! :) Still waiting on Cap'n's passport to be returned with his visa stamp. This long, arduous process is almost over and I.can't.wait. :D This part is sooo hard though because we know we are at the finish line and just waiting on the embassy to send his passport back via DHL.


Le sigh... ;)

On a slighter gloomier note, my kidney function dropped down a bit again. On a brighter note, I am responding well to the procrit injections and thus my H&H (hematocrit and hemoglobin) have risen a bit. Alhamdulillah! I feel stronger, less out of breath, just better. :) So a little give, a little take and insha'Allah khair for it all.

I have been making preparations for Cap'n and H's arrival. My stepson has requested...wait for it... corndogs! If you are from the southern US or midwest you definitely know what these are! Hotdogs dipped in a slightly sweet cornbread batter and fried. Decadent deliciousness dipped in mustard. :) So we have a brand here made with chicken meat and H is very excited. lol Kids are so cute!

Aaminah is prepared to share her room until we are able to get approved for a 3 bedroom. H will take the bed and Aaminah will sleep on a pallet on the floor or a large bean bag we have. Hopefully we'll get to move in 2-3 months so it's a temporary situation. :)

Cap'n is finally letting himself get excited now and make plans. :) I always make plans I love to think about what we'll do when he is here, etc but Cap'n is a bit more pragmatic and after our past denials and heartache, has tried to not let his hopes get up. Now he is finally feeling confident and iA before too long I'll be on here tell ya'll about it!!!

Oh Li'l Miss and I made homemade granola for the first time. It was insane! Pretty basic recipe; I culled it from many different sources but was originally inspired by an episode of Guy Fieri's "Diners, Driveins and Dives" where a lady made some.

We used oats, chopped almonds, and coconut mixed with coconut oil, butter and maple syrup. Bake it at 300 for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 to ensure even browning. After you remove it from the oven, let it cool then add your chopped dried fruit. We had a mix of cranberries, cherries, and blueberries. Amazing! I keep my empty peanut butter and pasta sauce jars (clean them of course!) to store leftovers in and that's what's keeping our granola nice and comfy. :)


Think I'll have some now. :) Ma salaama ya'll!

3 comments:

HijabiMommy said...

May Allah make everything go smoothly for their travel. Inshaa Allah, they will be here before you know it. :)

Your granola looks so good. I've always wanted to make homemade granola but was too lazy to try it.

Mommy said...

Inshallah everything works out and y'all can be a family soon!

How old is Cap'n's son? I feel a little apprehensive about Aminah sharing her room...I don't want to offend you with that thought or plant any negative seeds...have been "watching" your sweet, innocent baby grow up and want her to remain safe and happy.

Umm Aaminah said...

H is 10 and I re-read and realized how that sounded. :) You are absolutely right about it not being appropriate for them to share a room. I meant share it as in sharing a toy/play space but H will take the bed and we have a large bean bag in the living room or we could put a small baby bed mattress in the corner of the living room at night. :) That was confusing the way I wrote it. He is a super sweet boy mA but it just isn't appropriate. Thanks for your concern; this is one of the things I love about my sisters, we look out for each other. :) Ma salaama...