Followers

September 15, 2016

Salaam ya'll!!!!

I'm back! Kinda, sorta? I know I have not updated in literally years but my health has stabilized and I have a lovely all-in-one desktop ON a desk so I feel like I can commit again. Updating on a phone is for the birds!

So let me try to catch ya'll up. I'm back on dialysis, number one. I went through MULTIPLE surgeries but Alhamdulillah I finally have an access I can use. I dialysis at home as well (yup! It's great!) and I stick myself with MASSIVE needles 4 to 5 times a week. My numbers are excellent and I'm feeling better. I also am just about to get listed on the transplant registry (in shaa Allah!) so please make dua that is successful. The typical life span on dialysis is 5 years and I've been trudging along for 2 now. :)



Second, I bought a house!!!! Yes I'm so excited! It was a dream of mine, growing up in a trailer and living in apartments my entire life. So I finally just took the plunge and found out I could get approved and the rest is history! I live in Oak Ridge, TN now which is a small city close to Knoxville. Although it's pretty diverse for a small southern city it doesn't extend to hijabis; I've seen exactly 2 others and they were wearing dupattas so the locals really have no idea they are Muslim. To them black hijab=Muslim=potential terrorist. But that's a post for another day! We moved here to be closer to family, for the EXCELLENT school system and our money went a lot further. I'm in love!


Front of my house. :)

I painted our front door this teal color called "Connor's Lakehouse". I'm doing all the exterior doors and the fireplace in sha Allah.

Our house was built in 1942 and it has a lot of the older characteristics. Love my door!

Our backyard!

Part of our kitchen


Third, yes I'm happy to report Cap'n and I are still married! ;) He's adjusted nicely to life in the US Alhamdulillah and we are going strong. Every relationship has ups and downs, peaks and valleys. Luckily we are in a peak and things are going smoothly.

Fourth, I've been crafting again! So I'll share my crafting and cooking escapades with ya'll. This will pretty much be the blog you've always known and loved (and if ya don't, well....don't let the door hit your butt on the way out!).

OK so that was a short-ish update. I'll be back at least a few times a week now, in sha Allah. Salaam ya'll!


No comments: