Followers

June 27, 2010

Nuthin' much


*We call this picture "bulldog baby". lol This is Aaminah before she was a year old masha'Allah. Sr. D put her tights on her head and snapped this photo. Too cute for words!*

A'salaamu alaikum ya'll! Sorry it's been soooo long since I updated. Here's why:

1. Me mom came to visit. She stayed a week alhamdulillah. As my sister says, nice when they come and nice when they go. lol Just kidding mom; thanks for coming and I am so glad you and Aaminah got to bond!

2. My laptop is breaking. :-( The kids have tripped over the power cord so many times it's bit the dust. I have to bend it at just a certain angle and either wedge it against the edge of the laptop desk or tuck it underneath. Anyway it can fritz out at a moment's notice and I fear writing a great entry and losing it to a power blip.

3. Kids are out for summer break. 'Nough said.

Anyway here I am, writing to ya'll now. I have Zainab on one shoulder, Hafsa on the other and little Aaminah is playing Mama to her doll, Habiba. (Yes, she named it herself!). She just sat her on her potty chair masha'Allah. :-) The boys (A and Yousef) went to the masjid so all is pretty quiet here now. I knew I was overdue for a post and didn't wanna disappoint.

I've been reading my sisters' blogs recently and I am hearing a common theme among some revert sisters: I'm not good enough, I don't do x, y, and z consistently, my iman is low. We all go through these phases but the important thing is we are striving. All of us, convert and born Muslim alike, we have our highs and lows, our ups and downs. Don't feel bad about yourselves, seek support from your sisters and above all, pray to Allah swt to restore to you what you have lost. Ameen.

Wow I feel kinda boring right now. I don't even have alot of random things to say. 2 of the girls have been sick, I've had some more health issues and well my creative juices aren't really flowing. Insha'Allah I'll think of something really awesome to blog about soon. Insha'Allah. :-)

Ma salaama!

No comments: