Followers

August 15, 2009

Salaam and nice to meet you!

A'salaamu alaikum! Jazakallahu khair for stopping by. You know I have been checking out alot of Muslimah blogs recently (it's became a new "after baby goes to bed" passtime!) and I have a pretty clear idea of what I want from this blog.

I want it to be a place where I can share my random thoughts, recipes, and little daily triumphs. I want it to be a place where my readers (oh readers, please stop by!) can come and enjoy a vicarious view into someone else's world. That is one of the things I enjoy so much about reading my sisters' blogs: the chance to learn about others in our ummah, their joys and struggles, their heartaches and achievements.

I don't want this to be a place for criticism or debate. No debaters or haters, please. :-) I am not a sheikha, I cannot issue fatwas nor do I seek it from others. Just come in, be my sister, share your thoughts and insha'allah enjoy this little glimpse into my life.

Well I think normally introductions are in order at this point. I may already *know* many of you from reading your blogs so I think it's only fair you learn a bit about myself as well. I won't repeat what is in the little blurb "about me" in my profile; just click the link!!!

Let's see, I'm 36 (creeping steadily towards 37insha'Allah!) and I have found more peace and joy in the past-sometimes tumultuous- 3.5 years than I have in my entire life. Islam has given me purpose and a plan for my life that I was lacking before alhamdulillah.

A couple of random (I think interesting things) about me would be:

1. I had a kidney transplant in 2002 after 10 years of kidney disease and 3 yrs of dialysis. Subhanallah I was given a second chance at life. Allahuakbar! I also conceived, carried, and delivered a beautiful healthy baby girl post-transplant alhamdulillah!

2. I spent 6 weeks in India (Mumbai and Nagpur to be exact) DURING the monsoon season. :-) I did not live like a pampered "Amrikan" tourist; I lived like a normal working class Indian and came home with a new-found appreciation for tap water that didn't contain visible swimming "friends".

3. I don't hold grudges alhamdulillah. I simply forget to be angry. I call it "pretty bird" syndrome. It goes something like this: "Can you BELIEVE that guy cut me off! What nerve! I have a good mind to.... Oh look at that pretty bird!" :-) Yeah it can happen that quickly.

4. Alhamdulillah I work as the Administrator for our local Islamic community. It is a great honor and insha'Allah a constant source of hasanat for me. What fringe benefits!!!

5. Insha'Allah I should be posting from Ajman, UAE within a few weeks time. I will miss everyone here in beautiful GREEN Tennessee but am excited to live temporarily in a Muslim majority country. (I don't say Islamic country and I think we all know why.)

Insha'allah I hope to get to know more about you my sisters in our beautiful ummah as well. Please feel free to comment and leave a little random fact about yourself!

Wasalaam,

Umm Aaminah

No comments: