Followers

August 26, 2009

Updated goals


*Alex, Aaminah, and Zack when she was just a couple of weeks old masha'Allah!*

A'salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. I pray this finds us all growing and striving for the sake of Allah swt.

Soooo to the point of my post. I have decided to revise my Ramadan goals to better reflect the reality of my life. :-) Please see below:

1. I will try to not stress when taking Aami to the masjid for iftar and she tramples plates of food, spills cups of milk, and screams while rubbing her tongue because she got a bit of spice on it. :-) lol

2. I will try to not stress when I am trying to pray maghrib and isha and suddenly a very sweet and chunky little girl HURLS herself at me, full-speed, onto my prostrate body. Often pulling my hijab up in the process.

3. I will try to not notice when said little girl insists on being picked up and held during prayer, and then proceeds to give me the SWEETEST little kisses over and over, as if to make up for her antics in the dining area.

4. I will do my best to not notice when she also plays the body part game with me and practically skewers my eyeball on her little finger or shoves her finger into my nostril while saying "nose, nose" :-)

5. I will try to not be disappointed when the beautiful little Barakah from Allah keeps me from my goal of attending taraweeh prayer because she just doesn't' want to be out of her mommy's sight. Say masha'Allah. :-)

6. I will work on being more grateful for everything in my life and thank Allah for it daily. Even when at times it just doesn't seem to be what I wanted or asked for. ;-) Such as being apart from my husband (Ya Abdu, I miss you!!!) or having to work outside of the home (no matter how much I love my job, I just don't want to while Aami is so little). Let's all say Alhamdulillah and mean it.

7. Finish the Qur'an by the end of the month. This is the resolution I will INSHA'ALLAH absolutely stick with. Please pray for me that I am able to complete it. Of course it will be in English; I cannot read Arabic yet; I am still learning my letter, their sounds, and how they connect.

8. Keep iftar and suhoor simple, filling, and healthy. Khalas.

I feel much better with my amended goals. I don't like to fall short of what I set for myself; I also want to grow and not place my goals too low. However with being mother to a toddler I really feel this is giving it my all. Dang. lol Next year insha'allah, next year...

3 comments:

Ms M said...

They sound like wonderful goals to me :) InshAllah you'll achieve them all.

Ahlam said...

Praying for ya!
Just curious, are you married to a Muslim, from the West? Hope I'm not prying. I'm a revert (multi racial, Finnish-African americn) married to a Danish non muslim..one day inshallah..lol

Umm Aaminah said...

Salaam Sr. Ahlam. Pssht, not prying, don't you see I write about everything on my blog! ;-)

I am a convert, white American, and my husband is a Tunisian. He came to the US as a UN refugee in 2001 subhanallah. His heart is still overseas.

I am sorry to hear about your marriage situation. I will tell you a Muslim woman is allowed a certain grace period in which she can stay with her non-Muslim husband. If he doesn't convert then she is obligated to leave him.

After that period, if she stays with him, they are not married in the sight of Allah and are committing zina.

I am not a scholar, sis and I only tell you this because I love you. I pray your husband accepts Islam and you do what you must to protect yourself and your deen.

Please feel free to email me at anytime if you need anything. :-) My email is ana_ashad @ ymail dot com.

Ma salaama!