Followers

April 16, 2012

2 silly girls :-)

Salaam ya'll! I'm currently watching 2 very cute n rambunctious little girls jumping all over my living room. My friend Angel's little girl, Jayanah, stopped by to play. I was there when she was first born subhanallah. It was an unbelievable experience. Her then:

I was in the delivery room when she was born subhanallah. I said the kalima in her ear. Yes, I now it's supposed to be the athan and the iqama but I did what I felt was right and I am not her father. :-)

The crazy girls now:

WHERE did Aaminah learn to pose like that? I mean, I said let's take a  pic and she drops her arm around Jayanah and cheeses it, masha'Allah! :-)
Cute yes? Yes. :-) Here are a few more pics for your viewing pleasure:


Our new obsession: the memory-foam filled "bean" bags. This is a pic of the huge one, has 2 queen size mattresses inside it.

I've had these decorative orbs for a couple of years but had them in an antique wooden bread bowl. Picked this glass bowl up at Goodwill intending to fill it with colored glass rocks, water, and an aquatic plant. I think these look good here though.

Photo bomb! Was trying to snap pic of my new mini-orchi and Aaminah kept timing her entrance right as the shutter snapped! It was so funny, I was laughing so hard I couldn't even reprimand her. :-)
As for my health alhamdulillah I've been put on dialysis only twice a week. I'm sooo happy! My kidney has enough residual function that I can only dialyze 2 days instead of 3. Bad news, my access isn't working so sometime this week I'll be back in the hospital but hopefully only for a day. We'll see insha'Allah.

As for my impending nuptials... sigh. Trying to get our fiance visa paperwork filed and hope they accept our reasons for NOT meeting face to face within 2 years of filing. I mean, the US will not grant him a visitor's visa and I cannot travel overseas now. Dialysis in Jamaica costs $300 per treatment. I just can't afford it alhamdulillah. I had just repaired my car (to the tune of $600) and now another thing is broken. The radiator/coolant system is messed up. No car. Sisters, when it rains it pours. I know Allah tests those He loves but sometimes it is hard. I am waiting on my disability determination; usually once you are on dialysis it's very simple to get approved. I need it desperately sisters so please make du'a for me.

Oh funny story masha'Allah. Aaminah and I were at the grocery store and I gave her a big kiss. She giggled then looked around and said, "Is it ok for us to kiss here?" LOL MashaAllah my modest lil muslimah. I assured her it was fine. :-)

So Aaminah tells me she looks like Cap'n. Masha'Allah. She does resemble him more as they both have brown skin tones, brown eyes and a slight tilt to them masha'Allah. I agreed that yes she looks like him and she says frequently that when he comes he will be her Daddy. Sisters, I hope most of you do not know the pain that comes from not having a father in your life. Aaminah is starting to feel different from her friends. I explained today how Allah gives us all a mother and a father but sometimes we get a gift, another person who just loves us so much that they CHOOSE to be in your life and they CHOOSE to love you.

She said, "Yes like (Cap'n). He wants to come here to me and my Abi wanted to go away." I never speak ill of Abu Aaminah but yes, that is exactly it. My daughter masha'Allah is so smart and understanding. I agreed with her that yes Cap'n loves her very much because his desire is to be with us, to be her Daddy, to take care of her. I didn't have to say anything about Abu A as, at the age of 3.5, she understands perfectly.

Well the girls need me, I better go. Just another quickie uninspired update. :) Ma salaama ya'll!

3 comments:

Karima said...

Lovely photos - My duaghters love to pose for the camera - I think they don't need to copy they just have an instinct to pose lol!

Umm Aaminah said...

I think you're right sis! It's just an instinct for silly little sweethearts. ;-)

Omani Princess (not Omani...yet) said...

MashaAllah, Aaminah is getting so big!