|So much fun! I did this at http://www.wordle.net/ How fun! It shows, by size, my most used words.|
A'salaamu alaikum ya'll. Wonder how many people have used that same title? lol Don't care, it's new to me! I think, maybe I have another post titled the same thing. Too lazy to check..
Anyway, my dear Sis Um Zakarya tagged me on her blog, Froggy Hijabi. :-) Thanks sis and here goes my contribution!
Seven things about me:
1. I can "speak" in sign language. It's a unique and helpful skill; I used to work for several years at the school for the deaf in Knoxville, TN.
2. I love music but have given it up for the pleasure of Allah. Not to make you think I am super-pious or "holier than thou" but that in hopes I might inspire someone to give up a makruh/haram thing solely for His pleasure.
3. My two sons are both academically gifted and in the highest levels in all of their classes (as I was at their age as well). Aaminah shows the same signs of being intellectually advanced and I am grateful to Allah for their gifts.
4. I've been to England, India and the United Arab Emirates. :-) Insha'Allah I will travel many more places before I die. I love to experience new places and cultures, but hate travel. (HORRIBLE motion sickness.)
5. The most books I've ever read in a day was 3. It was a snow day when I was about 14. I think the total page count was around 1000 pages masha'Allah.
6. I'm sitting here thinking, how embarrassing if I've posted any of this information before. :-))
Which leads me to #7:
I have this weird thing: I get embarrassed for total strangers, even people on movies or TV shows! If they are doing something really ridiculous/embarrassing it is almost impossible for me to watch it! I've even turned the TV off until that awkward moment past. In real life, for myself, I don't embarrass easily, just for others.
I was also tagged by Sis Muslim Convert from her blog. It's about hijab, and away we go!!!!
Grrrrrr! Blogger won't let me copy and paste from my draft. So now I have to just go there and re-do that post. Can you say annoying? I wanted to combine them. Hmmmmmmm OK since that post isn't finished, I'll just go ahead and do this one now and then post the other in a bit. Ma salaama ya'll! Oh and I tag EVERYBODY who reads my blog and has a blog! Another great idea in my quest to meet more of my sistahs in Islam. Peace out! lol