1. OK now that I am sitting here, all ready to go, my mind has frozen. Um great. So #1 on my list is "My mind refuses to work". On with the show!
|Previously unpublished random pic of my favorite girl, Aaminah. This was Oct. 08 when she was just 4 months old masha'Allah!!! I never put headbands on her but this one matched....awwwwww how cute!!!!|
2. My alter-ego is the musician P!nk (Pink). I have to say I think she is awesome and I would love to be able to give dawah to her. :-) She is strong and unapologetic; however, she is also not very modest which gave me a hard time when trying to find a suitable photo for my blog. ;-) BTW the tattoo in the pic below is not real.
|I love her hair; I would soooo have it if my husband wouldn't die from fright and disgust. :-)|
3. We had a super duper snow storm here in MA last week. I mean loads of snow; we had over a foot where I live plus very high winds. It was officially termed a blizzard. Here is a pic I took about 3 days after the intitial snow; we had to wait for the winds to subside before we could venture out with little Aaminah in tow!
|View from front of our apartment building with view of snow pushed up by snow plow. Really it was sooo beautiful!|
5. I wish blogger would let you type while uploading photos. Sometimes it takes a while to load and I sit here, fingers still. :-)
6. I really love body piercing and used to have (besides my ears) my eyebrow and nose pierced. I removed my eyering when I became Muslim and took my nose ring out when I married A because he didn't like it. (I was previously married to an Indian so he didn't have an issue with it.)
|Eid-ul-Adha (I think!) 2009. You can see my nose ring and a super-tired little Aamimah, miskeena. :-( Eid is hard on the kids, waking up early, dressing up, fixing their hair, etc. etc.|
6. Still missing my sons; this never goes away or lessens. I also miss my little dog Nova; he was a part of our family for over 7 years and he was AWESOME. I eventually found him a new home but it was one of the harder things I have done in my life. :-(
Alright my lazy post is over. Hope you enjoyed. Ma salaama....