Followers

March 5, 2011

Don't try this...

(For sale on ETSY) Yeah, I also had a CT scan of my head... oh the fun I had!!!! :-)
A'salaamu alaikum ya'll. Soooooo here's a little scenario for ya: Go to the ER because you have crazy high blood pressure (188/113 yikes!) and during your little pre-exam work-up, let it be known that in addition to the throbbing headache you are also having some chest pain. No, not CHEST pain, nurse, but pain that is in my chest area. No, I don't mean like heart attack pain, just a pain that's..... well yes, it's IN my chest but not chest pain, get it?

No they don't. :-)) You get whisked back immediately, thrown on an ekg machine and hooked up to the heart monitor. Despite your protests that any amount of enteric coated aspirin will rip your insides apart, you are given an aspirin (and do swalllow because by now you are thinking, well what IF?) but alhamdulillah keep your presence of mind to refuse the nitroglycerin.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

In short, I spent 2 days in the hospital, was given a medically-induced stress test (not comfy but not horrible) and treated like a serious invalid. Every time a different doctor came in and said, "So it seems chest pain brought you in?" you realize you are fighting a losing battle. "No, actually it was my ridiculously high blood pressure, coupled with the fact that I had a stroke in '97 and a pounding headache for 3 days, that brought me in."

"Ohhh so the headache pain?"

"Nooooooooo" even more firmly. "I don't come to the hospital for pain. I came because I have a history of STROKE and my blood pressure was 188/114. That's all."

Uh huh. Seems they don't believe you. lol So now, in addition to just trying to get over my rejection episode, I'm trying to recover from severe gastritis brought on by the aspirin. The aspirin I told them I was told to never take by my gastro docs because I have stomach issues (mainly from dialysis complications) but alhamdulillah....

ER Doc (who happens to be a nice Muslim boy masha'Allah) "Oh I think maybe you should have them mark in your chart that you are sensitive to aspirin".

Me "Um, yeah, I'll do that". LOL

So insha'Allah this is the last of all the exciting health stuff for a while. This one was just so comical I had to share it. :-) Ma salaama ya'll....

5 comments:

Rene´s Bare Essentials said...

salaam alaikum,

lol hospitals for you! You go in for one thing and end up leaving days later! When my daughter was 2 weeks old she started vomiting one day so we took her to the hospital to make sure everything was ok. They then told us she may have difficulty keeping milk down which could require surgery and ended up keeping her for 3 days!!! It ended up being nothing serious (I wasnt burping her properly LOL so that was the issue) and even after 3 days they were trying to convince us to let her stay an additional day to make sure everything was fine. Even though she didnt vomit once while she was there they wanted to "make sure" I was like No way!!!
I guess doctors would rather be safe than sorry but sometimes they need to learn to listen to their patients!
Feel better soon your in my duas dear!

Um Zakarya said...

Assalamu Aleykum dear sis,

SubhanALLAH, when will those people learn how to LISTEN to us!lol.
I keep praying for you my dear sister.

Lot of love/

Anonymous said...

Awww Salams to you sister! It's funny, and frustrating, heck I'm frustrated FOR you. LOL this would probably be along the same lines as "never say 'bomb' on an airplane". Still keeping you in my dua.

Umm Aaminah said...

Rene, awwww miskeena baby girl. Alhamdulillah it turned out to be a simple problem but I bet that was worrisome AND frustrating! :-)

Umm Z, jazaki Allahu khair for the duat! I always need them. :-) I'm praying for you too sis and for the success and happiness of your new marriage!!! Amin!

Umm Hamza, lol lol and lol. Funny and true!!!!!!!

HijabiMommy said...

Ugh, I hate hospitals.

Alhumdulillah, at least you finally got things taken care of, bless your heart! Praying you don't have to go back anytime soon!