Followers

March 13, 2011

I'm excited!!!

A'salaamu alaikum ya'll. So I know I just posted about a couple of abayaat designs I've wanted for a very long time. Well alhamdulillah I bit the bullet and placed an order with Sis Umm Ibrahim from Old School Hejabi. Most of you are familiar with her; she's been Muslim for years masha'Allah and has a really nice blog centered on Islamic fashion.

I've ordered from her through her Arabian Threads website and really loved the Saudi button-up abaya I received. Well it turns out she had an extra Iranian sleeved chador for sale that another sister had ordered. It is exactly my length and is really neat; I love how it's made! Here is a pic of the one I ordered:

It has an inner piece you can snap onto the other side to cover under your chin.

I also ordered a peachskin overhead abaya, the kind found in N. Africa and widely sold in France. Umm I ordered a sage green abaya which she ended up not liking. I like the color and would prefer to buy from another sister who got something they can't use instead of having another shipped over. Plus I get it quicker this way! I'm really excited and hoping to maybe be able to sew my own after I'm able to see how it's constructed. I also think I will make an underscarf from that awesome black henna-inspired fabric from my previous post to wear under the black chador. :-)


This photo is from Old School Hejabi blog but it's the one I ordered so I wanted to show it. :-)

I'll let ya'll know how great they are after I get them. :-) Ma salaama ya'll...

1 comment:

Halima said...

Asalaamu aleikum-

If envy wasn't a sin in Islam I'd be seriously envious, hehe!
And thanks for giving Umm Ibrahim's blog and business a mention. She's been complaining of late that she doesn't get enough traffic these days- which is a shame as she does such a great job, mashallah, as I'm sure you'll agree.
And I'm so pleased I found YOUR blog, by the way- I feel really at home here and I think I'll stay...