Followers

March 17, 2011

If I were a ______ I'd be ______ :-)

This says "peaceful" to me :-)
A'salaamu alaikum ya'll. I found this on Umm Hamza's blog. She got the idea from here. It's a cute little bit o' fun. Insha'Allah some of you do this also; please leave a comment so I know to go and read yours as well. :-) I'd appreciate a link back to this post of mine if you don't mind.

If I were a month, I’d be September

If I were a day of the week, I’d be Thursday


If I were a time of day, I’d be 5 am


If I were a planet, I’d be demoted like Pluto ;-)


If I were an animal, I’d be a raccoon


If I were a direction, I’d be South-East


If I were a piece of furniture, I’d be a well-loved wooden rocking chair

If I were a liquid, I’d be sweet tea with lemon

If I were a gemstone, I’d be a smoky quartz (not very glam, but my favorite)


If I were a tree, I’d be a sturdy old oak tree


If I were a tool, I’d be a screwdriver (indespensible!)


If I were a flower, I’d be morning glories


If I were a kind of weather, I’d be a cool Autumn day


If I were a musical instrument, I’d be a lovely singing voice :-)


If I were a color, I’d be sage green


If I were an emotion, I’d be Passionate


If I were a fruit, I’d be a watermelon


If I were a sound, I’d be a babbling brook

If I were an element, I’d be Iron


If I were a car, I'd be a 1950's Ford pick-up truck with a cream and red body. Yeah I got a thing for them!


If I were a food, I’d be chicken 'n dumplins


If I were a place, I’d be the farmhouse I grew up in as a child


If I were a material, I’d be soft, printed cotton


If I were a taste, I’d be Savory


If I were a scent, I’d smell like sheets drying on the clothesline

If I were an item of clothing, I’d be my favorite denim skirt


If I were a body part, I’d be a pair of capable hands


If I were a facial expression, I’d be a Smile


If I were a song, I’d be the one you can't get out of your head :-)


If I were a pair of shoes, I’d be a pair of comfy leather sandals.


What would you be?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL demoted like Pluto. Heh ;-)

HijabiMommy said...

Cute idea! I loved your answers!

Banana Anne said...

Hee hee, sweet tea with lemon and chicken 'n' dumplings, a true Southern lady Masha'Allah!

Umm Aaminah said...

Umm H, that was the first thing that popped into my mind. :-) BTW I enjoyed reading yours and thanks for the idea!

HijabiMommy, awww it's just cause you're a southern girl too. :-)

Anne, I know, I was like, am I overdoing the southern stuff? I'm just a little homesick right now. Actually I re-read my post (for errors) and I was like, daaaaaang I'm kuntry. hahaha

Banana Anne said...

Nah, it wasn't overdone, it's just part of who you are Masha'Allah! And Insha'Allah I hope you get a chance to visit Tennessee again soon.

Banana Anne said...

Also, I tried to post a link to your blog, but it wouldn't work. Sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

Maa Shaa Allah you're very creative with your answers.

Umm Aaminah said...

Anne, no worries. It was a just a bit of shameless self-promotion for my blog. :-)) We probably run in the same "blog circle" anyway. lol

Ah, thanks Miss K. That's my middle name btw. Kaye. Not K. :-D

Halima said...

I've seen this elsewhere, and I've noticed that everyone always says "smile" in response to what facial expression they would be. I guess that's the obvious answer, but just to be different- why not?- I'd be an expression of "surprise"! hehe

Umm Aaminah said...

Halima, I had changed it to "wry grin" on my fb response after I thought about it more. :-) But I am a smiley kinda person so... and who wants to admit they can be a scowl? lol